I discovered that the problem is with Ro R not being able to communicate with My SQL.
I tried the install/fixes suggested on
On OSXTiger but none of them have worked for me.
Instead of editing this file, please use the# migrations feature of Active Record to incrementally modify your database, and# then regenerate this schema definition.For example, given a foreign-key from a order_id column in an order_lines table containing a position column, to an id column in a orders table, the plugin generates: Order Lines.belongs_to :orders and Order.has_many :order_lines, :order = [NEW] Remove prefix from has_many and has_one associations if the the name of parent class forms a proper prefix of the child class name.For example, Order.has_many :lines rather than Order.has_many :order_lines.In the way I know it: dirruby script\generate model Inventory * this will create the model 'inventory' (app\models\inventory.rb) and a migration that will db\migrate\xxx_create_inventory (i think) - this file is the one that will actually update the database to create the specific table and its fields. For those of you who ever have to do Rails work with an older database that was not created according to Ro R naming specs and to which other things have been coded such that you can’t just rename everything, here’s something I found out the hard way.